Sean and Holly used many low-cost solutions to create a unique look for their Nob Hill apartment and kitchen, and there are a few signature details that really pop out. An incredible KitchenAid mixer, the best solution we've seen yet for old food magazines, and more below...
• We like the practicality of Sean and Holly's kitchen. Even though they downsized from a larger apartment in Charleston, South Carolina, they have made this smaller space work well for them. Their spice rack above is from Williams-Sonoma.
• The pot rack is from IKEA.
• And now... that amazing hot pink mixer, a gift from Holly's uncle. What a vibrant color - we've never seen such a hot pink appliance before.
• Their small vintage treasures keep the mixer from feeling overly bright or too retro.
• We just really like the small pops of color - tasteful and cheery without overwhelming the kitchn in kitsch.
• Excellent and practical solution for all those leftover food magazines! If we stored them like this we might actually use all those back issues of Gourmet. Related: Organization: Getting Rid of Old Food Magazines
• Daffodils and a birdhouse out the kitchen window. Lovely!
Original Home Tour
• SF House Tour: Holly and Sean's Global Style