Every weekend we bring you a meditation or reflection, a small piece that moves away from the strictly practical and into the mindful, the thoughtful, the inward. Dana has given us reflections on the power of pie, the merits of lingering, and the coming of winter. We love these small, quiet posts, and so here at the end of our 2009 review, we'll leave you with a look back at some of our favorites.
Posts pictured above are in bold below, and in order from left to right and top to bottom.
• Autumn Kitchen Welcoming Winter
• The Extraordinary Power of Pie
• 36 Pies for Janeen and Paul
• Home Keeping
• An Extraordinary Occurrence of Lemons
• The Ambivalent Omnivore
• Monk's Food
• My Father's Fudge Recipe
• A New Homemaking
• Things that Never Get Done
• In the Kitchen with Lucy
• So What if it Takes All Day
• Cooking and Eating
• Waiting for the Perfect Time...
• The Guilty Epicurean
• Teaching Each Other
• Making Soup in My Mother's Kitchen
• Peace and Quiet
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)