We dove into kitchen materials this year for all our readers embarking on a major kitchen project. Are you wondering about marble vs. quartz countertops? Cork or linoleum floors? Curious if butcher block countertops are really as hard to maintain as people say? We list the pros and cons of the most common countertop and flooring materials and share reviews and insights from Kitchn readers who've lived with it firsthand, so you'll have all the information you need to make the right decision for your kitchen. Read on for more!
• 1 All About: Stainless Steel Countertops
• 2 All About: Butcher Block Countertops
• 3 All About: Quartz Countertops
• 4 All About: Granite Countertops
• 5 All About: Synthetic Solid Surface Countertops
• 6 All About: Lava Stone Countertops
• 7 All About: Paper Composite Countertops
• 8 All About: Concrete Countertops
• 9 All About: Soapstone Countertops
• 10 All About: Ceramic Tile Countertops
• 11 All About: Real Linoleum Flooring
• 12 All About: Cork Flooring
• 13 All About: Bamboo Flooring
• 14 All About: Ceramic Floor Tiles
• 15 All About: Hardwood Flooring
• 16 All About: Rubber Flooring
• 17 All About: Terracotta Kitchen Floor Tiles
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)