Spring is coming, and with it all sorts of new green and living things. Many cooks choose the color green for their kitchens, too - it's can be cheery or soothing, boldly modern or quietly vintage. There's such a range to the color green in food and cooking (think broccoli, leeks, peas, pears, basil, thyme, and leafy chard), and we are very drawn to kitchens that use this color. Here's a look at the many, many green kitchens in our archives.
• 1. Sharon Montrose's vintage green - We love the pure white and creamy green in this Los Angeles kitchen.
• 2. Joshua's bold green - Another Los Angeles kitchen, with a more eye-popping shade of green!
• 3. Emily's acid green - The yellow-green in this Small Cool 2008 kitchen feels very modern.
• 4. Bryan and Stef's green loft - Another Small Cool entry, with an open green kitchen.
• 5. Annie and Joe's seafoam - Another bright kitchen in Los Angeles.
• 6. DJ's green and yello - The tiles in this pixelated kitchen are very cheery.
• 7. Laura and Jason's casa - We like how the kitchen is mostly clean and white, but the small strip of green at over the cupboards keeps it all from feeling too stark.
• 8. Christine's cheerful pegboard - A little green can do a lot in your kitchen. This pegboard defines Christine's space.
• 9. Dave and Melanie's Craftsman - We love the patches of green in this kitchen.
• 10. Jaclyn's Granny Smith - Thinking about painting your kitchen green? Jaclyn shows you how.
• 11. Little Green's kitchen - Here the green is mostly down below, on the island and on the floor.
• 12. Modern kitchen, retro color - Back to that Jadeite color, with modern fixings.
• 13. Peter's olive green - We showed you Peter's shopping cart island already, but we also like his green-colored wall.
• 14. Jesse's tuned-in green - Although Fall Colors 2008 winner Jesse has a mostly black and white kitchen, we think of it as green because the small green touches just really stand out.
• 15. Jeremy's plants - We like how the green here echoes the real plants' colors.
• 16. Jodi's accent green - A close-up of some hot green.
• 17. Danielle's spring green - A lighter, more yellow green.
• 18. Emma's mid-century kitchen - A very different shade of green, in a very vintage kitchen.
• 19. Grape green - From Mark Chamberlain's wonderful ColorTherapy column.
• 20. Rita's pea green - We love how the lights in this kitchen make the walls glow!
More Kitchen Color Galleries
(Top image: Sharon Montrose. For all other image credits, please see originating post.)