We spotted this huge and gorgeous kitchen over at AT: New York, and it seems that liking it is a no-brainer. It's big, polished, and filled with light - what's not to like? We did spot 5 unique things, however, that could be implemented in smaller kitchens and that made this really stand out for us. Click through to see these 5 things up close...
1. So. much. light. - If your kitchen has any sort of window at all, maximize it! Even if you need curtains for privacy, use gauzy white fabric that will let light in.
2. An industrial-quality hood - We like to cook hot and fast, and a real vent and hood are such a bonus. If you have the ability to add one in your kitchen reno, we say do it.
3. A map of the world - Love this little detail. It's a colorful wall coloring and also an exercise in geography as you cook cuisine from all over the world.
4. Foosball table! - OK, so maybe not practical for most of us, but we like the idea of the kitchen as gathering place, with the bench for guests to sit and watch you cook, and games to play too.
5. Restaurant-style spray nozzle - We loved using these when we worked in restaurants, and the splurge on a really good sink faucet or spray nozzle like this can really pay off.
Did we miss anything? Did you notice anything in this kitchen (other than all that lovely, lovely space) that you liked?
• Click here for whole tour: House Tour: Liz's South African Den