>> Kitchen Tools on Marketplace
Those who have signed on for the Kitchen Cure are decluttering their cabinets and drawers this week, getting ready to wipe down all those crowded surfaces that go untouched for most of the year. In case you're re-stocking your kitchen cleaning kit or looking for a way to streamline it, we've compiled a brief guide to basic supplies and where to find them.
Basic Kitchen Cleaning Kit
- All-purpose surface cleaner for counters
- Dishwashing liquid for hand-washing and/or dishwasher
- DIY cleaning supplies: baking soda, vinegar, lemons, etc.
- Stainless steel cleaner for sinks, appliances, etc.
- Sponges for dishes and surfaces
- Rags, microfiber cloths, or paper towels
- Scrub brush for pots and pans
- Bottle brushes for scrubbing out the insides of narrow-neck items
- Dish gloves to protect your hands
- Cleaning bucket to hold all your supplies
Suggestions for Places to Shop
- Grocery Stores: DIY cleaning supplies, sponges
- Caldrea (Online): Scented all-purpose counter cleaners, dish soap
- Williams Sonoma (Various Locations/Online): Sponges, microfiber cloths
- Greenfeet (Online): Green brands like Seventh Generation, Twist, Citra-Solv
- Gracious Home (NY/Online): Green cleaners, brushes, basic tools
- Herb Trader (Online): Green brands like Ecover and Seventh Generation
- Ancient Industries (Online): Wooden scrub brushes, bottle cleaners
- Kir DeVries (Online): Kitchen loofas and scrub brushes
- Full Circle Home (Online): Wooden scrub brushes and cellulose cloths
- Brook Farm General Store (Brooklyn/Online): Wooden scrub brushes
- Container Store (Various Locations/Online): Buckets, kits, brooms, mops
- Mrs. Meyers (Various Locations/Online): Scented all-purpose cleaners
- Crate & Barrel (Various Locations/Online): OXO scrubbers, bottle brushes
- B, B & B (Various Locations/Online): Scrubbers, buckets, and basic tools
- Target (Various Locations/Online): Big brands like Method and Green Works
- 1 Cleaning Essentials Set from Caldrea, $70
- 2 Pop-up Sponges from Williams Sonoma, $15
- 3 Twist Euro Sponge Cloths from Greenfeet, $3.70/pack
- 4 Oxo Soap Squirting Palm Brush from Gracious Home, $55 Citra Solv Dishwashing Gel from Herb Trader, $8
- 6 Eclipse Cleaning Bucket from the Container Store, $137 Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
- 8 Surface Scrub from Mrs. Meyers, $5
- 9 Bottle Brushes from Crate & Barrel, $7
- 10 Water Stop Gloves from Bed, Bath & Beyond, $6
• Kitchen Cleaning Products: What Are Your Favorites?
What are your go-to cleaning supplies and where do you shop for them?