Aaron and John's Chelsea, New York kitchen was dingy and cramped, with rickety appliances and sad cabinets. There wasn't even room for the fridge which, along with the microwave, had to sit outside the kitchen. Desperate for help and a serious redesign, the couple called upon Susan Hughes of Modify Interiors to transform the kitchen into a beautiful, usable space. See what this kitchen looks like now:
Wow! Gorgeous. The new space — in its calm, cool color palette — has ample storage and a mini kitchen island. Where did the space for the island come from? Susan tore into a wall between the kitchen and living room, which created more countertop space in the kitchen and a new, open area for entertaining.
- Cabinets - Martha Stewart Perry Street Collection
- Countertops - Martha Stewart
- Floor Tile - 18 x 36 Trend Cement via Nemo Tile
- Faucet/Sink - Vigo
- Backsplash - 4 x 12 Subway Tile by Classic Tile
- Pendant & Cabinet Hardware - IKEA
- Paint Kitchen - Martha Stewart - Sharkey Gray
- Paint Living Area and throughout entire apt - Benjamin Moore Classic Gray
- Dining Table/Chairs - CB2
- Mid Century Wall Art - Novo
- Wall Sconces - Kichler
- Convection Microwave - Sharp
- Drawer Dishwasher - Fisher Paykel
- Counter Depth Fridge - Bloomberg
- Two Burner Cooktop - Verona
Thanks for sharing, Susan! See more from Modify Interiors here.
Have a kitchen tip, project, or renovation you'd like to show off? Every week we feature a reader kitchen project, and we're always looking for submissions. To submit your own project, follow the instructions in this post and you could see it end up here on The Kitchn.