Are you hosting a Superbowl party this Sunday? Whether you're planning to go all out and embrace the cheesiness or you're hoping to class up the joint, we've got a dip to fit you're menu. Because you know you need a dip, right? This is the Superbowl we're talking about.
1. No-Guilt Bean Dip – A happy accident turned into a favorite healthy dip that's loaded with flavor.
2. Fava Bean Dip with Roasted Garlic and Yogurt – Canned fava beans whizzed up with a whole head of roasted garlic, thyme and tangy yogurt.
3. Avocado Dips that Aren't Guacamole – Don't like the classic preparation with cilantro and lime? Try one of these six alternatives.
4. Muhammara – Roasted red peppers, almonds and pomegranate molasses flavored with cumin and spicy red pepper. Always a big hit in our house.
5. Pimento Cheese – We tend to think of this classic Southern spread as a summer dish, but we're not sure why. It would be just as welcome on a Superbowl spread as it is at a picnic in July.
6. Rosemary-Lemon White Bean Dip – A recipe from Lidia Bastianich passed on to Mark Bittman. With that kind of lineage, how can you go wrong?
7. Edamame Dip – Another Bittman-inspired recipe, this one started out as a salad but turned into a bright and creamy dip.
8. Brandade – Certainly not your typical Superbowl fare, this spread made with salt cod and cream would add a big dose of sophistication to the party.
9. Pink Pepper Goat Cheese Spread & Olives – Pink peppercorns and thyme accent warm, creamy goat cheese and zesty marinated olives – another elegant option.
10. Blue Cheese and Rosemary Cheese Ball – A cheese ball is a sure bet, and this one is packed with flavor. And, of course, there's always the Cheesy Football.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)