- Glen Ellyn, IL
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- How open the kitchen feels since we removed the wall between the kitchen and dining room during our renovation last winter. The prior owners removed part of the wall, but left a "pass through" allowing only a 28 inch entry into the kitchen. WIth the entire wall removed, the first floor of our 1950's cape cod feels much more roomy and comfortable.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.:
- We needed to work with the cabinetry that came with the house, which is high end, but was finished in a distressed cream that did not fit our style. For us, the biggest challenge was deciding that it would be ok to go ahead and have the cabinets painted. We are so pleased with how they turned out and should not have worried. A related challenge was deciding which shade of gray to use on the lower cabinets (we went with Benjamin Moore's "Chelsea Gray"). I never want to look at a gray paint swatch again!
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?:
- Since joining a C.S.A. last year, my favorite meal to prepare is a salad or pasta dish made with vegetables from our weekly farm share.
More posts in Small Cool Kitchens 2013
KitchnVideo of the Day