Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- My kitchen is the culmination of a renovation I dreamed about for years. It's bright, colorful and I made all the design decisions myself. I'm so proud of it and still glance at it lovingly over a year after it was completed.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- Prior to my renovation, I did not have any drawers and only about 18 inches of counterspace. Plus, I was storing my pots and pans in my oven since there was nowhere else for them to go. Now, I have multiple drawers, a wide expanse of counter space and tons more storage. It's truly changed my life. I cook all the time now and absolutely love it!
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- I cooked a complete "Friendsgiving" meal for about 16 friends the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving last year. It was my very first time cooking a turkey and all the trimmings... rosemary roasted nuts, corn bread stuffing, mashed potatoes, cauliflower gratin, cranberry sauce, potato rolls (a recipe I got from this website!), chocolate pecan pie and chocolate chip pumpkin pie. It was the largest and most ambitious meal I've ever cooked and it came out better than I could have ever expected. It was amazing!
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2012