Meatloaf has a lot of possibilities beyond the usual ketchup-glazed, beefy loaf. You can play around with the mix of ground meats, add unusual fillers or flavorings (like prunes or Japanese curry), or spoon on an unexpected glaze. No matter how exotic the ingredients, meatloaf always manages to be reassuringly familiar.
ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB:
• 6 Meatloaf with Red Pepper Puree and Pine Nuts at Dash and Bella
• 7 Lebanese Meatloaf at Sunset Magazine
• 8 Panko Crusted Japanese Curry Meatloaf at Food52
• 9 Rustic French Meatloaf at Gourmet
• 10 Hoisin-Glazed Meatloaf Sandwiches at Bon Appetit
What is your go-to meatloaf recipe?
(Image: Nealey Dozier)