Warm, hearty meatloaf is the quintessential comfort food. You probably have a favorite recipe, whether it is the one your grandmother used to make, or the kid-approved version you now call your own. If not, or if you're just looking for a new loaf, check out these recipes, which cover the classics as well as a few twists.Meatloaf has a lot of possibilities beyond the usual ketchup-glazed, beefy loaf. You can play around with the mix of ground meats, add unusual fillers or flavorings (like prunes or Japanese curry), or spoon on an unexpected glaze. No matter how exotic the ingredients, meatloaf always manages to be reassuringly familiar.
FROM THE KITCHN:
• 1 How To Make Marvelous Meatloaf
• 2 Southwest Meatloaf with Salsa
• 3 Barbecue Turkey Meatloaf
• 4 Moroccan Meatloaf
• 5 Turkey Meatloaf in a Pumpkin
ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB:
• 6 Meatloaf with Red Pepper Puree and Pine Nuts at Dash and Bella
• 7 Lebanese Meatloaf at Sunset Magazine
• 8 Panko Crusted Japanese Curry Meatloaf at Food52
• 9 Rustic French Meatloaf at Gourmet
• 10 Hoisin-Glazed Meatloaf Sandwiches at Bon Appetit
What is your go-to meatloaf recipe?
Related: Craving: A Really Good Meatloaf Sandwich
(Image: Nealey Dozier)