We're not saying that lamb burgers are a new trend; it's not exactly culinary pioneering to make a patty out of ground meat. However, we've been seeing more and more of them on restaurant menus and in friends' kitchens lately. And thank goodness. Lamb makes excellent, excellent burgers.
Ground lamb is more expensive than chuck or turkey, for sure. But the flavor is superb. It makes a basic burger something so much more special- tangy, earthy, and extra meaty.
Pairing lamb burgers with greek flavors is fairly common; we see a lot topped with tzatziki or mixed with mint. A few of these go that route (which is delicious, no matter how predictable), and a few steer off the path a bit.
• 1. Stuffed with Feta and Mint, from Gourmet.
• 2. With Capers and a Bit of Dijon, from Serious Eats.
• 3. Served Falafel-Style with Taztziki, from Everyday Food.
• 4. Made Mini and Served on Potato Rounds, from the Kitchn.
• 5. Spicy and Topped with Walnut Sauce, from Gourmet.
Related: Lindsey's Lamb Burgers from our Quick Weeknight Meals contest
(Images: Melissa Roberts; Nick Kindelsperger; MarthaStewart.com; Faith Durand; Romulo Yanes)