Dripping juicy, sweet and black, red and purple, small and fragrant — plums are one of our favorite things about late summer. They're cheap and sweet, and they're wonderful to eat out of hand. But they also have real potential in the kitchen. Here are a few favorites from the archives, plus some resources on plums themselves. TOP ROW
• 1 Spiced Cream and Plum Verrines - Pudding layered in a glass with Plum and Earl Grey Preserves.
• 2 Plum Caipirinha - A recommendation for a fresh fruity cocktail.
• 3 End of Summer Prune Plum Pie - A classic, and a favorite, made with tiny prune plums.
• 4 Poached Whole Plums with Brown Sugar Syrup - Simple and sweet.
• 5 Plum Coffeecake with Cinnamon Streusel - Great for breakfast or dessert.
• 6 Prune Plum Crostata with Brown Sugar Topping - Another great prune plum recipe.
• 7 Peach, Plum, and Ginger Jam - Plums are great paired with another summer fruit.
• 8 Plum and Fig Flognarde - A non-cherry clafoutis with autumn fruit.
What's your favorite plum recipe?