Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Greenbelt, MD
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Our kitchen is truly tiny but we maximized its function with thoughtful details and a careful layout. We found a way to fit in a small dishwasher, a large cast iron sink, and more than doubled the counter space by installing front-loading washer/dryers and repositioning the stove. These changes made it so much more enjoyable to cook in this space.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- A major challenge was the limited cabinet space because we had to fit our washer/dryer and we really wanted a dishwasher. We solved this by adding a built-in china cabinet adjacent to the kitchen for our dishes. We added an extra drawer to the below-the-counter Ikea cabinets that normally come with two drawers. We also added a pot rack and cabinets above the fridge and next to the window.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Chorizo-potato tacos with ginger-cilantro cream. It's become a weeknight staple but it's also easy to scale up for a party, and everybody loves it.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2013