Jobs at The Kitchn
We're looking for a part-time assistant editor to join The Kitchn's team in our New York City office. If you're enthusiastic about food and home cooking (read our mission here), experienced in social media, and interested in working on both the editorial and business sides of the The Kitchn, we'd love to hear from you. Read on for more info...
We're looking for a part-time junior editor to join our small, tight-knit team of editors and contributors at The Kitchn. This position will work in a fast-paced, high energy environment, with a role that supports our editorial team and offers creative opportunities to write for The Kitchn and develop food media. It will also offer business experience, as this position will coordinate projects with our ad network and help maintain our social media outlets.
The Kitchn Assistant Editor Job Description
Job Duties will include:
- This position will begin at half-time, 20 hours a week.
- This position is based in our headquarters in Soho, NYC. Only New York metro applicants please.
- Position reports to offsite executive editor.
Requirements or Qualifications:
- At least 1 year administrative or professional experience.
- 1 to 2 years blogging experience (personal or professional).
- Ability to work independently and creatively, with a very close eye to detail.
- High communication skills and ability to give positive input and feedback.
- Wicked good grammar and excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in photography, photo editing and Photoshop.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Google Analytics experience a plus.
- A culinary background is not necessary, but the ideal applicant would be an enthusiastic and proficient home cook.
Please share specifics of these experiences in your cover letter.
Send current resume and cover letter to Faith Durand under the email subject line The Kitchn Assistant Editor Position. (Click here to email)
Please allow 4 weeks for response. Thanks!
The Kitchn does not at this point in time accept freelance pitches for stories. We work with a small, dedicated team of freelance writers.
Meanwhile, feel free to submit resumes or writing clips via our Contact Form