Here are her favorite posts from The Kitchn's past year.
• Recipe: Cheddar Olives – I just can't get enough of these. They've become the official holiday appetizer of 2008 in my house.
• Elizabeth's Top Chef recaps – I like the "best of" style of these recaps that highlight the most memorable moments instead of a play by play of the whole show.
• Why is My Pickled Garlic Blue? – I started pickling this year and was a little freaked out when I found blue garlic cloves in my pickled okra. Thanks to Kathryn's question and readers' answers, I stopped worrying about potentially poisoning myself and others.
• Help! What To Do With Lemongrass Leaves? – I love these ideas for using the leaves that I would otherwise throw away.
• Recipe: Pasta with Butternut Squash, Sage, and Pine Nuts – This recipe has become a quick favorite of mine, extra special because it was served at Faith's wedding.
• Cook's Illustrated Vodka Pie Crust – This recipe changed my life. OK, maybe that's a little dramatic, but it definitely definitely helped me get over my fear of baking. It's really easy, doesn't require a rolling pin and produces a really flaky crust.
• Could You Eat on $25 a Week? – I loved reading the comments about how people feed themselves and their families on a tight budget.
• From The Files: Oatmeal for Breakfast (and More) – I've really gotten into steel-cut oatmeal this year and this roundup gave me a lot of great ideas.