- Joanna & Mike
- Santa Monica, CA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- 13 years in the making - it's the perfect fusion of glass, wood, steel and stone to create a feeling of contemporary elegance infused with a zen peacefulness. True functional elegance, where beautiful design merges with a down home practical place to chef up great food.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.:
- We needed a place to organize and store a set of Rosle cooking tools. To do it, we turned the backside of a cabinet door into a hanging rack. It creates a beautiful display and also keeps the tools readily-at-hand for when they are needed.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?:
- We just hosted our first dinner party after finishing the remodel. We led off with a burrata & stone fruit salad spiked with a homemade key lime vinaigrette and a drizzle of aged balsamic. A main course of slow-cooked tangerine chicken accompanied by Israeli couscous with vine ripened cherry tomato, cucumber and mint. And, of course, plenty of wine!
More posts in Small Cool Kitchens 2013
KitchnVideo of the Day