Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we sample an asparagus "bird nest" pizza pie, courtesy of Jim Lahey's newest book, learn how to make Sangkhaya (and what it is), and add to our kale obsession with a recipe for kale quiche.
• Gluten-Free Tuesday: Maple Almond Cornbread - Brown rice flour and ground almond flour replace the wheat flour, but you still get the cornbread-like texture.
• Easy Kale Quiche - We love our kale, and this version—with its pound and a half of kale—is really more kale than quiche!
• My Thai Cooking: Thai Coconut Custard Dip (Sangkhaya) - Sangkhaya is a runny version of crème pâtissière made with coconut milk, meant to be spread on warm bread or served as a dip.
• Jim Lahey's Bird Nest Pie - We're excited about Jim Lahey's newest book My Pizza, and the Bird Nest Pie is just one of his many pizza concoctions worth making.
• 5 Gin Cocktail Recipes from Pourhouse in Vancouver, BC - These five gin cocktails range from light and bright to deep and herbal.
Previous Good Eats: Chickpea, Shrimp, and Chorizo Pitas and Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup
(Image: Caroline Russock/Serious Eats)