- Arlington, VA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- It was important to me have a kitchen that reflected my own personal style that incorporated modern design and functionality. The open shelves are an example of this as they allow me to display photographs I have taken from my travels.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.:
- My biggest challenge for this kitchen was my decision to remove the upper cabinets and microwave from the back wall while still having adequate storage space. I felt the cabinets made the space feel smaller and added little extra storage. To make this work I made a few sacrifices and opted for a 24 inch refrigerator, 27 inch oven, and utilized multifunctional pullout drawers for my cabinets. I have no regrets and living without a microwave has been easier than I imagined.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?:
- I enjoy going to my local farmers market to buy fresh herbs and free range whole chicken to bake in my oven on the weekend.
More posts in Small Cool Kitchens 2013
KitchnVideo of the Day