Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Arlington, VA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- It was important to me have a kitchen that reflected my own personal style that incorporated modern design and functionality. The open shelves are an example of this as they allow me to display photographs I have taken from my travels.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- My biggest challenge for this kitchen was my decision to remove the upper cabinets and microwave from the back wall while still having adequate storage space. I felt the cabinets made the space feel smaller and added little extra storage. To make this work I made a few sacrifices and opted for a 24 inch refrigerator, 27 inch oven, and utilized multifunctional pullout drawers for my cabinets. I have no regrets and living without a microwave has been easier than I imagined.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- I enjoy going to my local farmers market to buy fresh herbs and free range whole chicken to bake in my oven on the weekend.
See all entries