Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Jerilyn (and Zac)
- Boise, ID
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- It’s incredible how much workspace we were able to add through a remodel, now we can easily have 3 people working in separate areas without bumping butts. If we could just stop arguing over that favorite knife we both love, absolute bliss would be achieved.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- When the house was purchased there were only cabinets against the exterior wall, and since this galley kitchen is also part of the hallway in our compact home, we needed to maximize storage and workspace without restricting the ability to move through the house. We took down the wall that previously contained a doorway, omitted the upper cabinets and selected light colors to make the space feel less like a cave. The tile ceilings were vaulted in a separate (and much less DIY) undertaking a few months after we gutted and rebuilt the kitchen ourselves.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Korean-inspired feasts for friends (gimbop, spicy tofu, and Korean bbq lettuce wraps).
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2012