Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Chicago, IL
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- The bright red walls! Besides the old wives' tale (or perhaps it's true) about how red makes you "hungry," I think the color brings out a happiness to anyone who spends time in our kitchen, and that happiness carries over to the meals we make and share with our friends. It might be small, but we've made a lot of great meals - and had a lot of great late-night impromptu dance parties - in our kitchen.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- Storage. For three girls who like to cook -- and like to collect cooking toys - it's been a challenge to store our food stuffs and utensils. I found a great vintage cabinet that I painted bright yellow to complement the happy red we have, as well as adding some open, industrial shelving for cookbooks, misc utensils and my growing collection of brewery growlers.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Pizza, natch! My roommate and I are constantly perfecting our pizza-making: from making better dough, sauce, and toppings to finding out how to bake that elusive perfect crust (do you pre-bake and then add toppings? Do you use a pizza stone? A cast-iron pan? HOW CAN I MAKE BUTTERY, PEQUOD'S-LIKE CRUST AT HOME? These are the questions were always asking ... and usually the answer is: You need a commercial oven, dummy.)
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2012