- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- We get great light and have amazing storage for such a small space; this is the full service kitchen. And I think we're one of ten kitchens in NYC with both a dishwasher and a garbage disposal!
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- When we first moved in, the kitchen was entirely on one side so I painted, brought in a tall bookcase as a pantry, and added shelving for my teapot collection. And since it's a rental, any change or update had to be cosmetic, otherwise I would have built more countertops and cabinets! But I love the homey feel of the teapots, white shelves and the old-fashioned kitchen table with sunlight streaming in.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- As a vegetarian and food/wine blogger, there are many favorites to come out of this kitchen, but I would have to say a big summer salad with juicy, ripe tomatoes for bruschetta and a fantastic dry rosé.
Small Cool Kitchens,
Small Space Living