- Richmond, VA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Even thought it's tiny, it is still the center of our house, which is also tiny (800 sf). It feels spacious enough for dinner parties and cooking experiments; even with a foot of counter space and limited storage. Also, our extra small, extremely quiet dishwasher is awesome and practically hidden (see if you notice it).
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.:
- A lack of counter top space and lack of storage took us a few years to tackle. We salvaged an old bookshelf and a door and somehow turned it into an island. Zach made a drawer for it that provides a place for utensils and the unit hides the trash can. We also salvaged an old dresser and use it for a bar and to store our wine glasses and dishes in that we don't use often. Adding a magnetic knife rack and shelf above the door gave us a lot of needed space.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?:
- It's hard to pick a favorite. We love cooking as a way to unwind and we love a good challenge. I think the most fun is our pizza. Zach has a perfected dough recipe and we keep some in the freezer at all times. We've come up with some really crazy toppings based on what we have in the fridge. Tomatillo sauce with picked onions and queso, anyone?
More posts in Small Cool Kitchens 2013
KitchnVideo of the Day