Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Providence, RI
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- The sloped, attic walls of our apartment, combined with the low 6'10" ceiling, create unique lines and light in our space and make it cozy and inviting.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- The sloped 45 degree walls eat up accessible space, causing storage and mobility issues. Though the footprint of the kitchen is slightly larger than 120 square feet, the area where one can stand up straight under the flat ceiling is closer to 63 square feet! We hung items in every flat nook and cranny and purchased low storage carts for the overflow of kitchen supplies. Also, I hated how cluttered our glass pantry cabinet looked with my mish mosh of baking supplies - we hung a sheet of rice paper to hide the mess, while the other half remains open to display our favorite dishes.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- When it's not 90 degrees in our kitchen (attics are hot!) I absolutely love to make sourdough pizza. Right now I'm sticking with margaritas.
See all entries