Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Melrose, MA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Our kitchen is small but never feels cramped. It always seems bright and open. We pretty much did a full cosmetic re-vamp of this kitchen on a very small budget, which feels very satisfying. I love the warm look of our butcher block countertops, and - most of all - our big, farmhouse-style sink.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- There was about 20" of usable counter space in the original setup of this kitchen. We moved the refrigerator from the nook on the lefthand wall and moved it to the far righthand corner of the room; replaced the old countertop, and extended it about 3 feet further (where the fridge had been), giving us a ton of new prep space. Instead of putting new cabinets under the countertop, we use the space for an Ikea kitchen cart and slim Simplehuman trashcan. It fits perfectly. Also, the walls and ceiling of this room were previously covered in a mix of textured paint and fake brick. We covered it up with glossy painted beadboard (white on the walls, gray on the ceiling), to give the room a facelift. The beadboard also acts as a good backsplash.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Probably pizza. We love the pizza stone that we got for our wedding, and were afraid it wouldn't fit in our tiny wall oven, but it just clears it!
See all entries