- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- I wanted to bring some masculine, cool elements to the tiny space. So I introduced dark colors and some metal finishes. Also was able to add interesting art pieces.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- My biggest challanges were out dated/brown top cabinets, zero natural light, and lack of storage. I first painted my top cabinets a semi-gloss black and changed out the hardware on both the top and lower cabinets to create some unity. I then, painted the back splash wall a gun metal gray to help with the color contrast of the top and lower cabinets and to help create a focal point. Since there is no window and zero natural light, I added a large mirror to my left wall to help brighten up the space and bounce light around the area. Finally I added some refurbished night stands to give me some additional storage space. I painted the night stands black to compliment the top cabinets. I use one as a microwave stand and pantry and the other as storage for small counter top appliances which keeps my tiny counter space uncluttered.I also found a metal shelf that some one had discarded, hung it on the wall, added some "s" hooks, and attached my pots and pans.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Oven roasted and stuffed pork loin. Mashed garlic and chive sweet potatoes. Strawberry, onion, and field greens salad with poppy seed dressing.
Small Cool Kitchens