Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- I wanted to bring some masculine, cool elements to the tiny space. So I introduced dark colors and some metal finishes. Also was able to add interesting art pieces.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- My biggest challanges were out dated/brown top cabinets, zero natural light, and lack of storage. I first painted my top cabinets a semi-gloss black and changed out the hardware on both the top and lower cabinets to create some unity. I then, painted the back splash wall a gun metal gray to help with the color contrast of the top and lower cabinets and to help create a focal point. Since there is no window and zero natural light, I added a large mirror to my left wall to help brighten up the space and bounce light around the area. Finally I added some refurbished night stands to give me some additional storage space. I painted the night stands black to compliment the top cabinets. I use one as a microwave stand and pantry and the other as storage for small counter top appliances which keeps my tiny counter space uncluttered.I also found a metal shelf that some one had discarded, hung it on the wall, added some "s" hooks, and attached my pots and pans.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Oven roasted and stuffed pork loin. Mashed garlic and chive sweet potatoes. Strawberry, onion, and field greens salad with poppy seed dressing.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2012