A year ago this week we were blogging (rapturously!) about Jamie Oliver's recipe for chicken in milk, as well as Ad Hoc's buttermilk fried chicken. We were talking about how to protect laptops in the kitchen, KitchenAid's new glass mixer bowl, and space-saving dish drainers. There was an apple-carrot-oatmeal cake, and another cake built for just two people. Read on for these posts and more from this time last year. Here are a few particularly memorable posts from this week a year ago. Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Jamie Oliver's chicken in milk — if you haven't already tried this, you've got to now! If you have leftovers, try these ways to use up leftover chicken.
• DIY etched glass storage jars
• Delicious vegetables: Mexican sprout slaw and Chinese broccoli in five-spice sauce.
• Delicious maple syrup cocktails.
• Stuffed piquante peppers for an afternoon snack.
• Talking kitchens: Seeking the perfect range hood, Virginia and Mateo's Brooklyn kitchen renovation, how to protect laptops in the kitchen, and a space-saving dish drainer.
• And more chicken: Garlic and thyme roasted chicken, and buttermilk fried chicken from Ad Hoc.
• Roasted goat tacos!
• A new glass mixer bowl from KitchenAid
• A weeknight layer cake built for two, Apple Carrot Oatmeal Cake and a Very Hungry Caterpillar cake.
• Full archive of posts from this week a year ago
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Slow-Cooked Pork Shoulder, Brunch Eggs, & DIY Sausage