Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Louisburg, KS
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Our kitchen is about having an efficient comfortable space which provides the organization and tools necessary to create almost any kind of meal. Sharing meals with friends and family is one of our joys and we specialize in making our dishes from scratch whether it be California Sushi Rolls, Smoked Duck Ravioli, Bison Carpaccio, or Focaccia Bread. You won't find a bottle of store bought salad dressing in our fridge but we have a shelf full of oils and vinegars to make one from scratch.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- We solved a multitude of problems tearing out the old 1977 kitchen. We chose solid oak cabinets, with pulls recessed into the doors and drawer fronts. Glass doors on cabinets above the sink that face into the living room were added to give the kitchen a more open feel.The counter cabinets have pull out shelving so every inch of space may be used and easily reach items in the back. Below and above counter corner cabinets have carousel shelving. Spices are shelved close at hand on magnetic stainless steel sheets attached to the back of cabinet doors. Counter space is at such a premium a favorite addition is an eye level cabinet mounted iPad and a pair of bluetooth wireless pedals which allowed us to eliminate the counter top cookbook stand. Now recipes are viewed on the iPad and pages are turned with the tap of a foot pedal - hands free. The iPad also provides multiple timers, and temperature monitoring, as well as controlling our favorite "Tunes to Cook by" on the stereo.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- We love to cook bistro style and a favorite meal is sautéed sea scallops with a cognac and cream pan sauce served over wild and brown rice with julienned dried mangos and a side of steamed asparagus. Usually followed with home made french vanilla ice cream and fresh fruit.
See all entries