Thank you to everyone who jumped into the Love Your Kitchen Challenge last week! We're on to week two, and here are the tasks for this week from our friends at Every Day With Rachael Ray. Remember, follow them on Instagram and tag your completed challenges with #RRKitchenLoveSweepstakes for a chance to win $2500 (and a copy of The Kitchn Cookbook). Read
Love Your Kitchen Challenge: Week 2
We love this week's tasks — watch our Instagram too to see how we put these to work in our own home kitchens.
Monday, September 15: Buy some blooms
- Add color to your kitchen with fresh flowers or potted herbs.
Tuesday, September 16: Get spicy!
- Clean out then organize your spick rack or drawer. Bye-bye 10-year-old cumin and mystery spice blend!
Wednesday, September 17: Pantry Staple Wednesday
- Take inventory of your pantry and make sure you’re well stocked on staples like grains, pasta and canned goods, then make a meal using one of your staples.
Thursday, September 18: Make some cool moves
- Toss mystery and out-of-date items from your fridge and freezer. Then organize the remaining items.
Friday, September 19: Pots & pans in their place?
- Tidy up your pots and pans and show us how they look.
Saturday, September 20: Weekend project
- Give your kitchen a quick refresh: Upgrade your cabinet hardware, install a new light fixture or swap out your window treatment.