Bundt cakes are one of the easiest ways to make dessert for a crowd, since even the simplest pan turns out cakes that look elegant with just a dusting of powdered sugar. November 15 is National Bundt Cake Day, so why not celebrate by baking a cake in one of these five favorite bundt pans?
Nordic Ware is the name we trust when it comes to bundt pans; they are sturdy, conduct heat evenly, and release cakes easily and cleanly. They also come in a variety of attractive designs — here are a few of our favorites.
• Heritage Bundt Pan, $34.95 at Williams-Sonoma: Inspired by the classic German kugelhopf mold, this heavy-duty nonstick pan unmolds cakes easily, turning out desserts with a beautiful, modern look.
• Cathedral Bundt Pan, $25.48 at Amazon: Modeled after Notre Dame Cathedral, this 10-cup pan makes cakes that are especially lovely dusted with powdered sugar.
• Bundtlette Pan, $32.51 at Amazon: Make six single-serving cakelets instead of one large bundt cake.
• Bavaria Bundt Pan, $25.41 at Amazon: The crisp geometric pattern of this pan produces cakes that look intricate yet clean.
• 60th Anniversary Edition Bundt Pan, $29.95 at Amazon: Based on the original design from 1950, this pan sports the classic bundt cake look and accommodates 10-15 cups of batter, making it a great all-purpose choice.
Do you have a bundt pan you recommend?