My fiance's family is all about the sweet potato pie. It's the star of the show and the pie is really what is on everyone's mind during the main course. The recipe is a secret family recipe and only the sons are privy to it. I'm not sure I'll ever want to try to tackle this recipe one day; those are some big shoes to fill! So here are a few more ideas for my own sweet potato contribution this year.
Instead, I was thinking about introducing a slightly more modern sweet potato dish to the menu. I really love the Recipe: Sweet Potato Soufflé With a Twist because it's relatively simple to prepare and is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Here are some more interesting twists on the common sweet potato:
• Grilled Coconut Sweet Potato Kebabs
• Sweet Potato Cakelets from Good to the Grain by Kim Boyce
• Recipe: Sweet Potato Soufflé With a Twist
• Recipe: Chili-Spiked Sweet Potato Fries
• Recipe: Sweet Morning Potato
What sweet potato dish do you make for Thanksgiving?
(Images: 1. Marla of Family Fresh Cooking, 2. Leela Cyd Ross)