As a child, I used to leave a little selection of all of my mom's Christmas cookies for Santa. But it can also be fun to make cookies just for the special visitor:It gets the children involved and anticipations high (as if they could get any higher!). Here are a few ideas:
- Kids can help make these gingerbread men into reindeer, via Martha Stewart.
- Tree cutouts are transformed into Santas at Better Homes & Gardens.
- Back-paint a thrifted glass plate for a custom plate for Santa's cookies. Personalize it by writing "Cookies from the Smiths", for example. via Vintage Image Craft
- Hang a cookie for Santa on the tree. Kids will be amazed in the morning to see he found it among all of the ornaments on the tree. Image shown is not a real cookie - it's an ornament from Etsy shop KristieGK.
- Leave meringues for Santa, fashioned into a tree. via Better Homes & Gardens
(Images: as linked above)