Ready for Halloween?
From the ghoulish to the whimsical, here's some inspiration from around the web. Whether you're throwing a costume party or staying in with a scary movie, there's a treat here for you.
Have other ideas? What are you handing out on Beggar's Night? Tell us!
• Not Martha makes makes creepy cool Crawly Cakes out of Little Debbies and Pocky Sticks.
• Crunchy, gooey, realistic looking candy bugs at Oriental Trading Company. • Ever wondered how to make edible fake blood? Yes, me too. Foodphreak shows you how to get that nice red color.
• On a healthier note, Lime.com gives some tips for a "healthy" Halloween (as if!) with a good list of Fair Trade, natural, and organic treats.
• For the non-candy crowd, bloodshot devil's eyeballs, a.k.a. Devilled Eggs.
• Decorate with these simple, cute mini pumpkin tea-lights. D.I.Y. photos at Pink of Perfection.
• And finally, Laurie Colwin's Halloween, a classic essay in Colwin's inimitable voice, covering pumpkins, fake cobwebs, and a post-trick-or-treat meal that everyone will love.