Both the flesh and rind are eaten, but the rind is most prized. The lemons need to be rinsed before adding to your cooking, otherwise your food will come out more salty than you planned.
Although they can readily be purchased online or at Middle Eastern markets, they're also very simple to make. If you are one of those lucky souls who has a lemon tree, consider adding a few jars of preserved lemons to your larder this year!
- How To Make Preserved Lemons, by Simply Recipes
- Paula Wolfert's Seven Day Preserved Lemons
- Buy them online at Sur la Table.
- Broiled Sea Bream with Moroccan Lemons
- Moroccan Chicken with Lemon and Olives
(Image: Sur la Table)