A year ago this week we had some good tips on browning butter, making soup, and preserving wine. We also had a gorgeous Scandinavian cabinet, and a site where you can watch Food Network shows in full online. Read on for these posts and more from this time last year.
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Choc-mallow wheels.
• How to brown butter.
• 10 things I love from my mother's kitchen.
• Looking for: Multi-purpose drinking glasses.
• How to build a cabinet out of IKEA VARDE units.
• Whiskey old-fashioneds.
• A tour of Grand Central Market.
• How do I keep veggies crisp in the fridge?
• Cool treat for sore throats: Influenza sorbet.
• Ginger applesauce cake!
• How to preserve wine.
• Amazing design concepts for the kitchen — from silly to sensible.
• DIY recipes from The Kitchn.
• Five small kitchens from This Old House and a lovely Scandinavian cabinet.
• Spaghetti with mascarpone, Meyer lemon, spinach, and hazelnuts.
• Watch full episodes of Food Network shows online.
• Soup! Create your own soup recipe, and 15 tips for better soups.
• Last year's Jumpstart projects: How to make storage out of wine crates, and how to refinish laminate countertops.
• Full archive from this week last year.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Are $15 Tomatoes Worth It? Plus Kenyan Food & The Claw