This week a year ago we were talking about Ina Garten's lemon cake, 101 Cookbooks' salt-kissed buttermilk cake, and yogurt-dill biscuits. We reviewed a variable-temperature electric kettle, and we made Korean tea and the Spanglish sandwich for Tax Night. Read on for these posts and more from this time last year!
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Lunchtime! Make-ahead lunch template: pasta salad and a weekend project: Make your weekday lunches ahead.
• Great weeknight recipes: Italian chicken salad/pasta, yogurt biscuits with dill, sour cream cucumber salad, and lamb pitas.
• Having a party? Try tomato and mozzarella skewers and these tips for simple cocktail party strategy. Plus stylish carafes for the table.
• 5 things that make us want to garden.
• Hello! Samoas bars - delicious.
• Simple green idea: tools for eating locally.
• Korean tea made with corn, beans, and barley.
• Crunchy spring salads.
• Steamboat, hot pot, shabu shabu — whatever you call it, it's delicious.
• Sweets: Salt-kissed buttermilk cake, anytime oatmeal cookies, rhubarb tart, cake pop inspiration, and Ina Garten's lemon cake, all dressed up.
• Would you buy hardboiled eggs, pre-peeled?
• Up late for tax night? Try a Spanglish sandwich with avocado.
• Product review: Breville variable temperature kettle.
• See entire archive from this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Chicken in Coconut Milk and a Poetic Farmhouse Kitchen