Around this time of year, there's plenty said about brussels sprouts, the whole "love 'em or hate 'em" debate. We're on the side of love 'em, and we think there are so many ways to prepare them that dials down the stinky factor...
Roasting brussels sprouts brings out their sweetness, and they pair beautifully with nuts and bacon. But we also think of them like tiny little cabbages—they're also delicious shredded and put in pasta or salads.
We rounded up some recipes, from simple dishes to ones that surprised us and challenged us to look at this vegetable in another way.
Here you go:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts (with Rice Krispies!), from Gourmet
- Cauliflower and Brussels Sprout Gratin with Pine Nut-Breadcrumb Topping, from Bon Appétit
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Pistachios, from Bon Apétit
- Pancetta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and Petite Brussels Sprout Pasta, from Emeril Lagasse
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Chorizo, from Aaron Sanchez
What's your favorite way to prepare brussels sprouts?