FINALLY. We are eating outside. Those of you in climates like mine here in New York know what I mean when I say finally. The rest of you probably enjoy eating outside all the time, but for those of us just getting glimpses of summer, June is when we go outdoors. And for those of us cooks with some outdoor space at home, it means cooking and eating outdoors.
This month, all the Apartment Therapy sites, including us here at The Kitchn, are asking readers to tell us about their outdoor life. I'm particularly interested in how you are eating, cooking, or growing food outdoors this summer.
Have you spruced up a patio with a little table, or set up a grill? Maybe you've been doing this for a long time and you have a full outdoor dining room! Or perhaps you're just getting started with a window garden.
In the meantime, let's talk picnics!
- Great Road Trip Food
- A Modern Potato Salad-Free Picnic
- DIY Watermelon Sling
- Funky Picnic Plates from the NY Botanical Garden
- Picnic Fare: Pork Tenderloin and Onion Jam Sandwiches
- Chicago Picnic Menus: Death Cab for Cutie at Millennium Park
- Help Me Throw a Spring Birthday Picnic in Central Park
- Picnic Set by French Bull
- Interactive Picnic Basket for Inspired Picnics
- Picnic Bag with Service for Two
- Orange Metro Picnic Basket
- Summer Picnic Inspiration: "Keep Manhattan - Just Give Me That Countryside"
- Good Product: Picnic Trunk
- Classic British Picnic Baskets England
- Messermeister Picnic Knife
- Picnic Kit From Heather Ceramics
- Pack Up Dinner Without a Picnic Basket
- What's Your Idea of a Perfect Picnic?
- Hot or Not: Steady Stick Wine Bottle Holder
- Seeking Easy Transportable Birthday Cake
- Best To-Go Picnics in London
A version of this post was originally sent to our email subscribers yesterday. To receive Sara Kate's weekly email, sign up in the column to the left or click here. Something tasty will arrive in your inbox every Thursday.