A few leaves start to change color and suddenly we can’t stop daydreaming about pulling buttery cookies out of the oven and melting chocolate to drizzle on top. We’ve got the baking bug and we’ve got it bad. A few batches of cookies should do the trick.
• Hazelnut Cookies from Gourmet - Heavenly bite-sized morsels.
• Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Apricots and White Chocolate from the Bitten Word - An excellent twist on the classic oatmeal-raisin, don’t you think?
• Chocolate Covered Sandwich Cookies with Dulce de Leche from Fine Cooking - These are known as alfajores in Argentina, but all we really need to know is that they involved dulce de leche.
• Quinoa Cloud Cookies from 101 Cookbooks - Full of toasty, earthy flavors and a touch of chocolate.
• Cafe Coffee Cookies from Tasty Kitchen - An excuse to have cookies for breakfast, maybe?
• Maple and Chocolate Chip Shortbread from Epicurious - Anything maple is fine by us.
• Ginger-Chile Caramel Cookies from Leite’s Culinaria - Oh. My. Yes.
• Brown Butter Spoon Cookies with Jam from Orangette - Browning the butter in a simple sugar cookie is so genius.
What cookies are you craving right now?
Related: Tips for Freezing Cookies
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)