When Kim Taylor of The Sassy Crafter refused to pick up chicken breasts for $7 per pound at her local grocer, she came home with a whole chicken instead, for just 1/3 of the price. The only problem was that she was out of kitchen twine, and she really didn't want to go back out to the store. So what's a girl in trussing distress to do? Why head to the medicine cabinet of course!
A roll of cotton gauze did the trick perfectly! Kim used it just like she would have regular twine. It allowed the juices to flow through while still keeping the bird in its place, and the results of her Paprika Chicken look extra tasty. We love simple solutions to common household problems (we're always losing our twine!) and this is a great one.
• Read more: How to truss a chicken, MacGyver style at The Sassy Crafter
Looking for more chicken roasting tips? Here are a few of our favorites:
• How To Roast a Chicken
• Recipe: Spicy Roasted Chicken Thighs with Miso and Ginger
• The Naughty Way to Roast a Chicken
• Jamie Oliver's Chicken in Milk Recipe
• Kitchen Magic: How to Cook Moist and Tender Chicken Breasts
• Recipe: Slow-Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
(Image: Kim Taylor)