But when it comes right down to it, 'tis the season of comfort eating and I give in to that around the holidays.
So here are a few seasonal suppers that should carry you through the holidays without stumble or stutter. For a heartier meal, feel free to add diced tofu or shredded chicken or pork to the salad. And while each dish is simple, the brisket does take a night in the slow-cooker, so just plan accordingly there. Otherwise, most of these recipes can be tackled easily early in the evening when you need some speedy winter inspiration.
Try a Recipe:
• Pomegranate-Glazed Salmon (pictured above) - Shiksa in the Kitchen
• Tangy Spiced Brisket - Smitten Kitchen
• Beef Carpaccio with Pomegranate - Cooking Channel
• Thai Pork and Noodles - The Food Network
• Baked Campanelle with Goat Cheese and Broccoli - Fine Cooking
• Rosemary-Fig Chicken with Port - Cooking Light
• Quinoa, Fennel and Pomegranate Salad - Bon Appetit
• Sauteed Flank Steak with Arugula, Roasted Cauliflower and Red Peppers - Epicurious
• Cottage Pie - Martha Stewart
• Classic Meatloaf - Simply Recipes
(Image: The Shiksa in the Kitchen)