Kitchen shelves are a way to get organized, save counter space, and create a stylish look. The storage solutions shown in this roundup are all from IKEA, making them affordable, too:FIRST ROW:
• 1 the kitchen from Melinda & David's Unique & Artsy Home Revisited
• 2 a progress shot from a kitchen in an 1880's Baltimore home
• 3 organized shelves in a Lisbon, Portugal kitchen
• 4 These glass shelves might more commonly be used for a bathroom, but their light appearance and shallow storage work wonders in this kitchen.
• 5 Customized IKEA shelves go vertical in this application.
• 6 One more view of those glass shelves from the bottom shows off their transparency.
• 7 That's a vertical Grundtal shelf on the right. It provides ingenious hanging storage without blocking light from the window.
• 8 white shelves in contrast to dark tiles
• 9 a highly-organized, colorful Grundtal shelf and hooks
• 10 Freestanding steel IKEA shelves store and organize small appliances.
Related: Dana's Ikea Shelf Epiphany
(Images: Flickr members thewifeofanartist, fooferkitten, Saídos da Concha, kitschvictim, Lillian Day, kitschvictim, creativeintheory, atravellingmom of foreldremanualen.no, _frieda, thebristolkid)