This time last summer, we were eating copy-cat homemade IKEA cinnamon rolls in Louis Armstrong's kitchen while sipping rhubarb soda and discussing proper farmers market etiquette. Ok, not really, but close! Take a look at what we were up to at The Kitchn a year ago.
The images pictured above are in bold below.
• Copy-cat IKEA cinnamon rolls! All without leaving your house and driving to the nearest store.
• Take a tour of Sara Moulton's faboo remodeled New York kitchen.
• If you want an authentic bouillabaisse or paella, you have to spring for some saffron.
• Vanilla-infused rhubarb juice is fantastic in spritzers, cocktails, and even just a glass of water.
• Wait a second. Is that a cooking hearth in this brownstone kitchen? Love.
• Also still ga-ga over Pioneer Woman's awesome flour and sugar drawers.
• Lettuce wraps with mozzarella and summer veggies sound like the perfect dinner to eat outdoors.
• Three different ways to cook perfect sweet corn.
• Even Louis Armstrong's dishwasher matches his cool blue kitchen!
• If you're in a frying mood, try your hand at these avocado fries. They sound incredible.
• Our favorite butcher advises briefly freezing pork before cooking it, especially in the hot summer weather.
• If you're heading out to the farmers market, you might want to read up on our etiquette tips before you go.
• A sturdy wooden farm table in the kitchen: great for casual dining or ugly eye sore?
• Move beyond hummus and explore these other Middle Eastern spreads and dips.
• Tomato season is here! Kick things off with our favorite recipe for Gazpacho Andaluz.
A Year Ago and a Week: Dancing Frog Legs & Sliceable Popsicles in Loaf Pans