Q: My best friend's infant daughter is in the hospital. They live about 400 miles away. I'd like to send her something helpful like food so they can just grab a healthy snack while they're in the hospital with her.
Any thoughts for healthy snacky foods that ship well?
Sent by Dana
Editor: Dana, we've talked about mailing treats a couple of times — there are some good tips and ideas in these threads:
• Recipes for Healthy, Mailable Treats for Care Packages?
• Good Question: Best Goodies for Mailed Care Packages?
In addition to the suggestions there, here are a couple of granola bar recipes that are great for shipping:
• Recipe: Crunchy Granola Bars
• Copycat Recipe: DIY Nutri-Grain Fruit and Nut Bars
And even though you want to keep it healthy, we think that a big box of chocolate chip cookies might also be a sweet note of comfort in the middle of difficult circumstances and hospitalization.
• How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies (Without a Mixer)
Readers, any thoughts on recipes or shipping tips for Dana?
Related: Food On the Go: Granola Bars and Other Quick Snacks
(Image: Faith Durand)