Every now and then we see something cool, something funny, or something so delicious that all we can say is, "Look!" Well, here are 20 of those things from the past year. From Jamie Oliver's new kitchen, to a peanut butter and jelly ice cream cone, and from a Star Wars-themed party (Carbonite Jell-O!) to ice cream bread, here are our favorite weird, cool, or downright yummy links from the past year.
Did you have any favorite weird, funny, or just amazing food links or stories this year?
• 1 Look! A Star Wars Theme Party
• 2 Look! Savoury Broccoli Cupcakes
• 3 Look! A One-Ingredient Watermelon Cake
• 4 Look! A Peek at Jamie Oliver's New Kitchen
• 5 Look! Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream Cone
• 6 Look! Candy Apple Cupcakes
• 7 Look: Ice Cream Bread!
• 8 Look! Serve Ice Cream in Slices
• 9 Look! Disco Ball in the Kitchen
• 10 Look! Marble Potatoes
• 11 Look! An Intriguing Ingredient From Djibouti
• 12 Look! French Onion Soup-Stuffed Mushrooms
• 13 Look! Newly-Hatched Chicken and Egg Family
• 14 Look! Colored Eggs in Swiss Supermarket
• 15 Look! Pink Rose Edible Toppers for Cupcakes
• 16 Look! Deep-Fried Donut Peaches (aka Donut Peach Donuts)
• 17 Look! How To Make Easy, Edible Candy Leaves
• 18 Look! A Beer Tap on the Kitchen Wall
• 19 Look! A Modern Art Museum's Kitchen Garden
• 20 Look! A Peek at Nigel Slater's Kitchen
Oh, and a bonus! Who can forget that turkey cake?!?
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)