The big night is upon us. Many of us have either stocked up on Halloween candy to hand out to the trick-or-treaters or plan to take our own little ones from door to door tomorrow night.
Either way, by the end of the evening we will likely have more candy than we know what to do with. So, how does one put the leftovers to use? We've rounded up some recipes here, and as a result we're on an image-induced sugar high already without yet taking a single bite of candy:
• 1 Ina Garten's Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting and Heath Bar Topping at House Beautiful
• 2 Halloween Peanut Butter and Toffee Candy Bar at Epicurious (The Kitchn's own Stephanie Barlow made it right here!)
• 3 Candy Recycler Blondies at Salon
• 4 Skittles Vodka at Mix That Drink
• 5 Peppermint Patty Brownies at Delish
• 6 Frozen Reese’s Banana Pops at Real Simple
• 7 Peanut Butter Twix Ice Cream at Sugar Plum (or chop up candies to use as mix-ins in plain store-bought ice cream or yogurt)
• 8 Granola Blondies with Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and Reece's Pieces at There Is No Wealth But Life
• 9 Gingerbread House - Save it to use on a gingerbread house in a couple of months.
• 10 Candy Bar Apple Salad Recipe at Taste of Home
Related: Recipe: Chocolate Chip and Toffee Shortbread Cookies
(Images: José Picayo [1 & 2], Linda Shiue, Mix That Drink, Q&S Digital Studio, Kana Okada, Sugar Plum, There Is No Wealth But Life, Flickr member terren in Virginia, licensed under Creative Commons, Taste of Home)