Disclaimer: This video was filmed PRE-better-tripod-implementation.
What You Need
1 batch of bread dough, after its first rise is done
Bench scraper (optional)
1. Flatten into a Rectangle - Use the heels of your hands to gently flatten the round into a rough rectangle. If the dough is sticking to the counter, sprinkle a little flour underneath. Try not to use too much flour, though, or else you'll have trouble getting the dough to stick to itself once you shape it.
2. Fold the Bottom Third Up - This part is like folding a letter! Fold the bottom third of the dough over on itself.
3. Fold the Top Third Down - Then fold the top of the dough down so that it overlaps the other layers.
4. Fold the Dough Again - Fold the dough in half one more time.
5. Pinch Closed - Use your fingers to pinch the dough closed where the top layer meets the bottom layers. Don't forget the sides!
6. Invert the Loaf into the Pan - Roll the loaf over until the seam is facing down and then gently lift the loaf into your pan. The seams should be on the bottom with the tight surface facing up.
Want more smart tutorials for getting things done around the home?
See all of our Home Hacks tutorials
We're looking for great examples of your own household intelligence too!
Submit your own Home Hacks tutorial or idea here!
(Images: Faith Durand)