We were so happy to see all the requests for bread-making tutorials during How To Month! Making bread, and all its delicious variations, is a favorite weekly ritual at our house and we love it when other people get the bug. Here are our top bread-making tutorials (so far!) rounded up in one place, all for you.We have all your bread-making bases covered here. There are tutorials on making a few different kinds of bread, from the popular no-knead bread to a more traditional artisan boule. We also have videos on shaping those boules as well as a regular sandwich loaf.
Take a look here and let us know if there are any other tutorials you'd love to see!
• 1. How to Shape a Sandwich Loaf of Bread
• 2. How to Shape a Round Loaf of Bread (a.k.a. Boule)
• 3. How to Knead Bread Dough
• 4. How to Make Artisan Bread from Start to Finish
• 5. How to Make No-Knead Bread from Start to Finish
• 6. No-Knead Bread Hack: Making a Sandwich Loaf Instead
• 7. How to Shape Baguettes
• 8. No-Knead Bread Recipe: Multi-Grain Peasant Loaf
• 9. Recipe: Homemade Thin-Crust Pizza
• 10. Pizza from No-Knead Bread
• 11. How to Tell When Bread is Done
• 12. How to Make Softer and Fluffier Whole Wheat Bread
• 13. Recipe: Basic Sourdough Starter
• 14. Recipe: Beginner Sourdough Loaf
• 15. Recipe: Easy Homemade Pita Bread
Our weekly loaf of bread consists of shaping the no-knead bread into a sandwich loaf, the ideal shape for not only sandwiches but also toast, egg-in-the-hole, and french toast. At least in our opinion! We follow the no-knead recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes, but Jim Lahey's version works just as well.
What other bread-making skills are you working on right now?
Related: How to Soften Hard Bread
(Images: Faith Durand and Emma Christensen)