You can tackle anything from a simple blend-and-freeze method, or a slightly more involved method of making ice cubes and pulverizing them in a food processor. You can try a few methods and report back. The nice thing about each is that they don't rely on a machine you may not have at home and don't require purchasing equipment that can take up valuable kitchen real estate; we encourage you to try new seasonal flavors you're excited about (balsamic strawberry, anyone?) and to make homemade ice cream an accessible project for everyone.
Happy churning, mixing, spinning, and freezing!
6 Machine-Less Ice Cream Methods
• How To Make Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Machine: An Easy, Foolproof Method
• David Lebovitz's Freeze & Stir Method
• Serious Eats' Frozen Cube Method
• Not Without Salt's Blend and Freeze Method
• Kevin and Amanda's Whipped Cream Method
• The Kitchn's Bag Method
(Image: Faith Durand)
It's Reader Request Week at The Kitchn! This post was requested by Monica.