What You Need
2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (divided)
8"x8" Metal Pan
1. Prep & Preheat: Place a layer of parchment paper across the bottom and up 2 sides of an 8"x8" pan. Preheat oven to 425°F degrees.
2. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients and stir with a whisk to combine.
3. Add Cream: Stir in all but 1/4 cup cream. Dump onto floured work surface and add remaining cream to the dry bits left in the bowl, scrape out and add to dough already on counter. Knead briefly (30 seconds) until dough comes together.
4. Form Dough: Shape dough into a long rectangle and cut in half length-wise and then cut each piece into 4 pieces horizontally (see picture above).
5. Bake: Place in oven on middle rack for 15-18 minutes until golden.
This recipe comes together super quick and because of its cream base, has the ability to hold extra add-ins if you so desire. A cup of shredded cheddar or some chives are nice, but no matter what, this biscuit is prime for a good slathering of butter fresh out of the oven!